Resilience Team – Senior Executive/Manager (Social Resilience – Health)
ABOUT THINK CITY
Think City is a social purpose organisation based in Malaysia with the mission of making cities more people-friendly, resilient, and liveable. As a regional citymaking agency, Think City provides urban policy thinking, management and implementation of urban solutions, while acting as a catalyst for change in the way cities are planned, curated, developed, and celebrated.
POSITION: MID-SENIOR LEVEL (7-10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE)
Do you have a passion for improving the health and wellbeing of people and supporting vulnerable communities? Most people would associate Think City with Heritage, Conservation and Placemaking. However, building resilience, whether environmental or social is one of its core pillars. We are looking for someone who can easily integrate into and gain the trust of marginalised communities in our cities, as well as our public housing community. You will originate, coordinate, plan, and also spend much of your time managing stakeholders, implementing and monitoring our programmes on the ground to ensure maximum impact.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
Experience in social science, anthropology, public/urban health and related fields we are looking to recruit a manager who excels in one or more of these areas: lead programmes, research, policy or business development. A post graduate degree is strongly desirable. Strong interest in innovation in the social and housing sector and climate change effect on vulnerable communities. Commitment to outcome focussed work and lifelong learning with a keen interest in picking up new skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of key trends and issues in urbanisation in the region, urban social issues particularly as they relate to vulnerable communities
- Social entrepreneurship and experience working across sectors would be a great asset
- Understanding of sustainable development
- Design/systems thinking
- Working with minimal supervision and being a team player.
- In depth knowledge of project management.
- Understanding and experience of research design.
- Solid organisational skills including multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in grant writing is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. PMP / PRINCE certification is a plus.
- Languages: English and BM. Other local languages are a plus
- Managing project building social resilience. Flagship programmes are around public housing and safe communities
- Contribute to grant writing
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the team
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget & documented appropriately.
- Connect and manage relationship with stakeholders from various sectors.
- Managing junior staff.
Please email your resumes to HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).Download Job Description