Helping existing businesses or organisations grow through initiatives that speed up recovery and provide long-term sustainability to create a more vibrant Downtown KL.
1. Business Collaboration - Programmes that promote business collaboration and partnerships to promote business longevity.
2. Digital Solutions - Involvement of technological and digital solutions to promote resiliency and sustainability of businesses and traditional trades.
3. Collective publication - physical or digital publication that contributes to the economy of Downtown Kuala Lumpur.
Empowering and enabling communities in Downtown KL by providing them with avenues and necessary tools that faciliate community development, inclusivity and participation.
1. Resilience programmes - Programmes or activities to build capacity, competencies and resiliency of the communities.
2. Community programmes - Programmes that create inclusivity and vibrancy, and showcases capabilities.
3. Documentation, research and studies - Innovative research and studies that build capacity and knowledge in community development.
Invigorating and bringing new life to dilapidated buildings around Downtown KL by reviving, refurbishing and repurposing them to preserve urban heritage, and elevate liveability and visitor appeal.
1. Adaptive re-use - Repurposing unutilised buildings with new use to create vibrancy and build better streetscape.
2. Space management and activation - Bringing new content into spaces that are underutilised.
3. Green building interventions - green and environmentally-friendly solutions to existing buildings.
To transform Downtown Kuala Lumpur into a vibrant, celebrated and resilient city that encourages continuity and new opportunities.
Any amount as long as the project showcases a sustainable impact for Downtown Kuala Lumpur. However, this grant is not applicable for a full sponsorship. We encourage applicants to seek co-investment.
20th September 2021
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
14th November 2021
RESPONSE TO APPLICATION
3rd January 2022
PERIOD FOR SUBMISSION
APPLICATION ASSESSMENT PERIOD
8 weeks from submission deadline
All project funding will be considered on a case-to-case basis.
Yes, as long as you live in Malaysia and have a stake in a business, property or project in Downtown Kuala Lumpur.
As long as your proposal targets the community within the Downtown Kuala Lumpur area and is within the grant themes mentioned above, you are welcome to submit an application.
Yes, please state the secured funding from other sources in the budget template of the application form and provide a letter of interest as evidence.
No, we only accept one application per organisation per grant cycle.
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the grant.
All projects must be completed within 12 months from time of grant disbursement. However, if the project is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, please request for an extension of your grant term.
The grant is designed to help supplement your project funding and it does not support operational costs such as administrative or overhead costs. We highly suggest our applicants to source for co-funding partners for their proposed projects.
No. This grant programme aims to fund seed projects that will aid in the long-term recovery and resilience of Downtown Kuala Lumpur. It is to empower individuals or organisations to play an active role in building back better and more sustainably. We are looking for new ideas and content for Downtown Kuala Lumpur!
You can apply for this grant through a soft copy application form (Download Method) or through an e-form (Online Method). Please note that the committee will only accept one proposal application even though there are duplications in both applications methods. Should you have any difficulties in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Think City at downtownKL@thinkcity.com.my or call/WhatsApp at +60 13-251 8930.
All decisions made on the submitted applications are final. We highly recommend to consult the Think City grants team prior to submitting your application.
Think City, together with Jabatan Warisan Negara and Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur, have created the Kuala Lumpur Creative and Cultural District (KLCCD) strategic master plan. The purpose is to regenerate Downtown Kuala Lumpur through a culture based economy, and create inclusive, authentic, and viable creative and cultural places that knit together the historic fabric while enhancing liveability and visitor appeal.
As part of the KLCCD, the Downtown Kuala Lumpur Grants Programme empowers the public to take initiative and ownership of the area by delivering innovative solutions that will strengthen and transform Downtown Kuala Lumpur.
For more information, please visit here.