“Placemaker Week ASEAN Student Contest” is a photography contest (the “Contest”) organised by Think City Sdn Bhd (the “Organiser”) in conjunction with the upcoming Placemaker Week ASEAN happening on 4 – 8 November 2019. The objective of the contest is to encourage students in Malaysia to think about potential placemaking in Malaysian cities or their neighborhood.
Contest Requirements & Submission Guidelines
- To enter the Contest, participants must submit a photograph of a space in Malaysia that the entrant would like to improve.
- Entries are to be submitted via entrant’s social media channels and must include a caption explaining what the entrant would like to improve with the place highlighted in the photo entry.
- There is no limit to the number of entries each entrant can submit.
- Participants must like or follow the Organiser’s social media channels prior to submitting the entry.
- Participants MUST share and/or retweet the original contest post, depending on which platform you submit your entry.
- Participants must also include the hashtag #placemakerweekASEAN and #placemakerASEAN on their entry post.
- The contest is open from the 8th of October 2019 to the 22nd of October 2019.
Eligibility & Rules
- The contest is open to anyone who is currently studying in a higher education institution residing in Malaysia. Any students are eligible to join. Recent graduates are also eligible to join as long as they have not graduated for more than 12 months. Entrants’ student status legitimacy and eligibility will be checked by Think City’s management. Successful entrants will be required to submit a copy of their student ID card
- Where subjects in submitted photographs are recognisable, the entrant must obtain written permission from the subjects for use of their image. Submitted photographs must not include the faces of children.
- Think City will not consider incorrectly submitted or incomplete entries. Think City is also not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party.
Selection of Winners
- Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of Think City. Only Contest Winners will be contacted and announced on social media. Think City will contact winners by the 25th of October 2019. The organiser’s decision is final and no requests for reconsideration will be entertained
- Every effort will be made to notify the winners by 25th October 2019. Winners must respond within 3 days, or an alternate winner will be chosen.
Winners will win:
- A pair of student tickets to attend the 2-day plenary session for Placemaker Week ASEAN, which will grant access to talks, panels, and workshops. This ticket will also cover food and refreshments for the plenary session but not dinner.
- Think City tote bag
- Two Think City X Projek Sembang-Sembang Postcards
A total of seven winners will be chosen from all platforms (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook), resulting in a total of 14 tickets, 7 tote bags and 14 postcards to be given away. Winners can claim their prizes at the registration booth during Placemaker Week ASEAN.
The prize does not include accommodation or any transportation to the event.
The prizes are subject to availability and Think City reserves the right to replace the prizes with prizes of equivalent value without prior notice to entrants.
Submissions must be original, unpublished work. The submitter must be the sole author of all entries. Photographs that previously published or posted in any form will not be permitted. By submitting entries to the Contest, entrants represent and warrant that the entries do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that the entrant has the full and unrestricted right to transfer the contents of the entry to the Organiser free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
Rights of the Organiser
- Submitting an entry constitutes consent for the Organiser to use any entry and entrant’s name for marketing and publicity purposes (without compensation to the entrant), as determined by the Organiser unless prohibited by law.
- The Organiser may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of entries submitted in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose – without compensation of any kind to entrants.
- By submitting entries to the contest, entrants acknowledge and agree that the Organiser shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise, make publicly available any entries submitted.
- By submitting an entry to the contest, participants agree to the Terms and Conditions set out herein (which may be amended without notice by the Organiser) and to all decisions made by the Organiser pertaining to the contest, which shall be final and binding on each entrant.
- The Organiser shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms and Conditions. Such change shall be effective immediately upon posting the amended Terms and Conditions to the Organiser’s website or social media channels.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change or withdraw the competition and/or prizes at any time without notice.
- The Organiser is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with the Contest.
- The Contest and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Malaysian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.