About The Light Project
The Light Project is an extension of CENDANA’s yearly marquee event Art In The City in collaboration with Think City to light up cities with public art and performances curated to take place in selected cities nationwide. The effort is scheduled to take place as temporary installations with curated performances and aims to:
- Keep cities alive during the pandemic via public art (using light);
- To inspire and give hope to the wider arts and culture communities and the public to rise from the pandemic;
- Stimulate conversations and create job opportunities for local artists, cultural workers, production crew, fabricators and more within the selected cities;
- Support out of the box creativity beyond Klang Valley that may nurture other collaborations; and
- Harmonise public and private stakeholders in protecting and contributing to development of the sector.